Friday, August 26, 2011

Food, Friends, and Fun {Jonesy's Birthday Party}

This birthday party was so much fun. Like I said, I had a great time documenting this event, and Lesley even let me use her Nikon D700 (which will eventually be mine, hooray!) This camera is amazing. Just like this party. Lesley had every detail themed around "a little boy in a big city is turning 1." She had NYC subway maps, metro cards, and every color-coded combination possible. Beginning with the bright and cheery front door, down to the smallest embellishments.


Lesley made "I <3 Jones" pins that everyone wore throughout the afternoon
Of course the party isn't complete without some great food, housed in our beloved pewter from Old Town Imports. Jones soda was the icing on the cake, so to speak, for Jones.
Kyle and Jake were in charge of the grilled corn...

I was thrilled to capture this action with Ethan leaning against the glass of the back door. Hilarious.

Jones soda for Jones
Jones had a little surprise with the soda!

Katie was expecting any day; her baby was clearly in support of Jones on his birthday
Cinnamon almonds, just like you can find in NYC...
Happy family photo
J for Jones...

Jones got his own very little cake, and a sucker too because we tried to take it away and he didn't like that. He took a few minutes to dig into the cake...


...but he eventually figured it out. And made quite a mess!


Later on after Jonesy gets a quick bath, Jonesy opens presents and Ethan tries to help by reading all of the new books Jonesy got for his birthday.


And the kids play "Pin the sticker on Jonesy's apartment."

4 comments:

Amy B. said...

You guys totally made Jake and Kyle dress the same didn't you...I knew it! You totally did!

And...I didn't know Katy was having a bebe...you must tell me when this happens or if it happened!

erin said...

We were all in the blue, red, and white color scheme... it just happened. :)

Katie had a little boy named Russell! July 5. He is darling.

Hot Hot JJ said...

This party? Amazing! Your photography is unreal as well. Made me feel like I was right there enjoying all the fun!

Lesley said...

How am I just seeing this? What is wrong with me!!! AMAZING! I adore every single picture. The family photos you took of us are amazing because they are so real. You are incredible at capturing details. Thank you so much!