Thursday, January 8, 2009

These Are the Days

I was inspired by Amanda's post after I came into work today and was greeted by a doomsday atmosphere. Yesterday we lost a major contributor to our company, so I guess everyone thinks the company is in trouble. However, it's really easy to feel pessimistic when everything seems to be tanking, isn't it?

I suddenly find myself very popular as people want me to help them with their resumes.

I just keep thinking, "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." That phrase is not only a scripture (Doctrine & Covenants 38:30), but it has been the topic of several conference talks (President Hinckley, L. Tom Perry).

Even if I do lose my job, I have to have some sort of confidence that I have been trying to do what I can to be prepared. I have tried to fill the top shelf of my pantry with extra food, although a minimal supply. I have some money stored away in case I find myself without income. I have almost completed a second degree in my higher education. There is always more I can do, but I am trying.

I haven't written down any goals for the new year yet, so I think I will put "minimize the fear" as a main goal, in both temporal and spiritual aspects.

No comments: