Sunday, March 8, 2009

Maybe I'm Figuring it Out

Lesley has been trying to teach me more about photography, specifically shooting in manual mode. I'll be the first to admit that I don't really get the technical terminology. Aperture? F stop? Huh? But I will admit I think I'm getting the hang of it what the terms represent. I know that the F stop controls how much light comes into the camera, and the other numbers controls the length of the shutter speed. Technical terms, be gone.

I have figured out how to shoot in the dark, but daylight was beyond me. So the first photo I took in manual was highly overexposed; the highlight feature on my camera was jumping out from the screen. Eventually I figured out that I needed a higher F stop to let in less light, which helped me create the second photo--the highlighting feature told me it was a lot better. :)

So yes, still learning, but improving. Les you'd be so proud.

No comments: