Friday, April 17, 2009

The Authority Story

It's so refreshing to be writing and managing projects that aren't necessarily set up for a print medium! Don't get me wrong, I love print, but there's something adventurous about having a say about what's on the website. Or what's sent out in an email. Or what's written on a dinner invitation. The only bad thing is that I'm pretty sure our design contractor doesn't like me when I ask her to make changes. It would be so much easier if I could just make the stupid changes myself; I do have design abilities, after all.

I think I'm an editor with an identity crisis.

A good chunk of my job responsibility is sending emails. Today I learned how to manage the email system, which kind of freaks me out; I send a lot of test emails to myself before I unleash the actual message to thousands of email accounts across the country.

But still, what power! Whee!

Did I mention that our break room always has complimentary treats in it? It does. Last week there were bags of Swedish fish (gotta love Costco), and today there are little bags of mini donuts (don't worry, I only had one). The freezer always has berries to make smoothies, and there is a bag of hot chocolate over there as well. As I work under a freezing cold air vent, I might have to give in to some chocolaty goodness and warm up my almost-frozen fingers...

No comments: