Sunday, October 30, 2011

Guestbook: Jennifer + Grant

I actually had this book done a few weeks ago, but I still follow my unofficial policy of not posting anything until after the event...

This book was an experiment for me as it is a longstitch binding with hard covers. Or basically I've been calling it the inverted flatback. Let's just say if I do this again I have a much better idea about how to make it!

Jennifer's wedding was very natural, inspired by the Pacific Northwest where she grew up. (Okay maybe not really but that assumption sounds good to me.) Stumps of aspen trees played a major role in the centerpieces and cake stands, and the combined effect looked amazing. The book was a great tie-in to all of this as I went with a light muslin fabric stitched with brown thread surrounding white and light grey pages.  I drew their initials on the front using a light brown colored pencil, which makes the whole thing look really awesome. :)


1 comment:

Lesley said...

GORGEOUS. I want one :)